Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Unfailing

I fail often.

People right now in my life are failing me.

I don't hate people because they fail or else I would have to hate myself. Failure tells me you're human, and I can deal with that, because I am too. There is a gut-punching feel that hits when someone fails me, though, until I remember that I have probably failed them too.

But God doesn't fail. In fact, He is so good at being God that He can even take my failures and my friends failures and make something really cool out of them.

Think: gift basket. You may have five types of soap, some silly decorative items, and some random candles. These can all be useless to you (perhaps), but when you put them all together for a gift, you create a spa gift for a friend.

I'm hoping for some gift-basket blessings that come from my failures, and your failures, so that together we can be a huge blessing to people in need around us - and to each other!

If you're having trouble believing that God can use you - messed up you - (like messed up me) - I encourage you to challenge Him by offering Him yourself.  Despite the failures, offer yourself to Him, and work with what He gives you to show you that your life still matters.

...and trust that He will never fail you.




1 comment: