Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Playset

My cousin recently sent me this cool story of God’sprovision for her family…

Last night we were walking before my son's bedtime and passed a plastic play set in pieces by the road.  I asked my husband if he thought we could salvage the slide part for our son.  He was doubtful and we walked on.  
 Then at the next corner, we stopped to talk to a couple with a dog and they told us the set was theirs and it's in good shape if we wanted it!  They even offered to drive it down to our house since they had a bigger car!!
My husband cleaned it up and put it together last night and our son played on it today.  He loves it!
What really strikes me is that the lady that drove it down for us had a “coexist” sticker on her car and a Buddha hanging from her mirror.  God is constantly using nonbelievers to provide things that we want/need,especially for our son.
We give and serve the King and his kingdom and He provides...through people that don't even believe in him.  It's pretty amazing.

I don’t know what you need today, but I know that God has riches we can’t even begin to measure. He can give to you what you need whenever you need it, without sacrificing a thing.  He just wants us to ask and trust that He will provide whenever the time is right.

And the same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)

The Happy Boy Visiting me in July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment