Monday, October 1, 2012

Magic Tricks and God

Magically volcanic cranberry tarts last Thanksgiving.
They, miraculously, tasted amazing despite their disfigurement. ;)

Have you ever watched someone do magic tricks for children?  The children are skeptically expectant, hoping to be entertained while wanting to figure out how the trick was done.  There's so much anticipation, and often, disappointment, because no good magician tells their tricks.

Oh how I see myself as this expectant child when I've gone to God sometimes.  Instead of tricks, it's miracles; instead of a magician, the One True God.

How does He do it?  What am I missing?  How can I reproduce this?

Often, I've been just as disappointed as a child, too.  I've set my heart to figure it out and fool myself into thinking I can be God.  What a horrible mistake!

We can never be the magician, we can never reproduce the tricks.  We can, however, go to God, who knows all, and ask Him to perform a miracle for us. He still does them today, you know...

Hebrews 4:16
Let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment