Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Lie I Wish I Didn't Hear


I wish I didn't get stuck like this.  Almost every day I get in a rut of thinking I'm not good enough.  Something triggers it every day.  Something whispers to me and something steals my focus.  

This entry will be short because if there's one thing I've discovered its to dwell on truth and refute the lies to move on in any situation.  And this is something I also have to remind myself of daily.  

So today, in this moment, I know I am a precious gem, a treasure of heavenly worth.  My feet are beautiful because I bring the gospel of peace to people around me and my face shines with the glory of God living in me.  I am clothed with righteousness because of Jesus' sacrifice, and no, I'm not good enough on my own.  But, with Jesus as my Savior, I am fully competent to not only handle, but to excel in everything God puts in my path.  And today I will do that.  By the grace of God, I will do that.  




And even if I fail, I gain victory every time I depend on God to pick me up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment