Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Distraction Factor


The Distraction Factor
 
I find myself in that place of confusion sometimes – that place where I’m not really sure what to think.  That’s when - once again - I’m reminded of my desperate need to cling to nothing but God.  To trust in nothing but Him, but to fully trust in Him, is a daily readjustment process that I must go through.  

It is so easy for me to be distracted by circumstances, events, even people, in my life – good people!  So often I’m faced with the reality that I’ve put my hope in something or someone – someone good – but not God. 

So my prayer in these times is as follows: 
Lord, forgive me for putting anything, or anyone, before You.  Your love and purpose is what I want to be consumed by.  Thank You for taking things out of my life that do not suit your purposes for me!  Help me to be increasingly more grateful for those things You withhold along with the things that You bless me with abundantly.  You are good, and Your plans are for Your good purpose!  That’s all I need to remember.

If you’ve ever found yourself in this place, know you’re not the only one.  I’m confident that God’s love doesn’t change for me – or for you – despite our lack of focus at times.  God is all about redemption (note: JESUS CHRIST!), and when we go to Him with humble hearts, ready to change in His strength, He is always ready to redeem.  Remember this with me today.

Psalm 86:12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment