Friday, November 18, 2011

Outside the Frame

I'm new to glasses.  I was just prescribed them for certain conditions, and they aren't the same as wearing sunglasses.  There are two little shapes for my eyes to look through, surrounded by a frame.  I can see the frame with my peripheral. What I noticed the other day was that my eyes don't want to stretch to look outside of those frames.  While without glasses, I look to my right and left to see things out of the corner of my eye, wearing the glasses deceives my eyes into thinking it is only supposed to see what is within the frames. 

I know.  I can pull a lesson from anything it seems.  But I did learn something about myself here.  I learned that too often I find myself focused within my own frame of mind, not allowing myself to look in the peripheral - or to even consider there is a peripheral. 

And how often do things turn out differently than I could foresee?  Often. 

Just another reminder to me to try to consider that I do not have all the options in front of me.  And that God does.  He can work a miracle out of something, even when I see there is no room for one to be worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment