Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Assumptions

I've discovered I have a knack for making assumptions.  In some circumstances, I'm taught, I must make assumptions in order to come to a reasonable conclusion.  In most life situations, however, I've found assumptions are borderline, if not completely, destructive. 

Recently I read a devotional that talked about how often we put words into other people's mouths while they've not said a thing. It hit me today that I tend to put words into God's mouth too.  Not for other people, but for myself.

I was told this morning that an event was cancelled due to extremely unfortunate circumstances.  The writer told me, however, that he was "thankful for our Lord's constant reminder of His involvement in each of our lives."

Hmmmm...


What a  good reminder to me to stop putting God in a box of my own understanding.  He is God.  Let Him be so, Crystal; let Him be God.

No comments:

Post a Comment