Sunday, October 21, 2012

Strength in Weakness

Do you ever have amazing days - like EPIC amazing - and the day after is a almost a let down?  Well if someone like me does (who works hard to find the good in every hard situation), I imagine many other people do to.  So let me share with you what God spoke to me a while back while I was dealing with this very issue on a sunshiney Florida afternoon...

Oh Lord
You have shown your favor,
your every word stands true
And I'm found
Safe within your harbor
Anchored deep in you
You washed away my tears
Gave me joy and freedom
Lifting me through the years
Your love is stronger than
The sound of heavens angels
Higher than
The lofty mountain peaks
Deeper than
The deepest ocean valley
Strong enough for me*

I need this strength today. I am empty and weak and frail. And I feel every bit of it in my whole being. Yesterday was an amazing day, and today, I'm empty again.  

It's good for me to remember this: when I am empty, I am available to be filled. When I am weak, I am available to be saved.

Well here I am, Lord. Empty and weak, but available.  

Here I am for You.



It's important to fall at the feet of Jesus FIRST - in whatever way this looks to you - when you're at this place.  No person on Earth will be able to meet the deep needs in your soul.  A person may be used by God to encourage and uplift you, but only God can fill that place with the sustaining strength you need.  

While it doesn't seem possible, go to God with confidence that He will show up, because He does delight to hear from you, weaknesses and all...

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness."  So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)


*lyrics from "Stronger Than" by Hillsong United, Released 4/6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment