Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reevaluation






It's that season - a time in life where you have been driving down a highway and all of the sudden find yourself on a side street, with the GPS voice reading off "recalculating, recalculating". 

Sometimes we look at the roads we're on in life and we can see a long drive.  We can be content there because we know what's up ahead.  We can anticipate the traffic, the turns, and the scenery.  And sometimes, we  look at the roads and see a dead end.  How did we get here?  We were traveling straight, steady.  We took no stops or detours. 

But wait, perhaps we should have.

That's the spot.  That's the recalculation, the reevaluation place. Maybe you stay on this road, but maybe you need to turn down another.  And only God knows which way is the correct way.

It's not really something to get stressed out about.  After all, "we can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

So it comes to this: pulling off to the side, and looking at our road map, calling the person we're headed to see, and reevaluating our course.  This is where I, and several of my friends, find ourselves.

I'm seeking God through the Bible and prayer and counsel.  I'm hanging out on the side of the road for just a little bit while I get my bearings. I'm sure I won't be here long.  There's a lot of road to travel.

Pastor Dan Betzer once made the comment about choosing how to proceed in a huge life decision - if you're really not sure what to do, don't do anything.

If you're in this season with me, let's be proactive about seeking God and serving others while we wait for an answer.  You never know when the call is going to come, so make the most of this time, and you'll be ready when it does.  

Road trip...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, it is awesome! I am so blessed by your blog. God is using you - Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crystal! Just for me today!

    ReplyDelete