Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Back-Porch Rendezvous with God

God wants to spend time with us. 

What do you picture time with God like? 

Here's what my time is like:

If I could make it easy to understand, image sitting down on your back porch after a long day with God.  His looks?  Well today He's probably wearing the brightest white you have ever imagined.  He's sort of glowing, actually, because he put on a dark blue jacket so these human eyes wouldn't be blinded, and the bright white is kind-of exploding out from underneath his jacket...


Back Porch View

 
God:  Hey sweetheart!  How are you doing today?

Me: God, you know how I'm doing.  But I'm feeling good.  I slept good last night.  I got a lot done at work today.  And I got to talk to my good friend - she always encourages me.

God: Oh yeah!  I remember that!  I totally told her to say that to you.  I know what makes your heart smile more than ANNNNYYYThing else.  ;)

God:  You look incredible today, by the way.  Did you see how you radiated when you helped that lady with the box?  I splashed a bit of my "shine" on you. Oh, and that time you started to get sad about how bad your hair looked while the other girl's hair was perfect - but then I whispered into your heart and you threw those thoughts out the window???  Sweetie, I was smiling so big right then.  Kind of like I am right now.  Did you know you grew thirteen new hairs today, by the way?

Me:  Wow. God, you always surprise me with your greatness.  Why do I get so surprised?  You are too big for me to understand.  Thanks for loving all the details about me.  I love all the details about you too.  :)

God: So what do you have going on tonight?

Me: Well, I think I'm going to go for a bike ride...

God:  Great idea!  I'll come too.

Me:  I don't have an extra bike, though!

God: Silly, I'll just go in your heart.  

Me:  Ha!  Of course!  Ok, well then after we get done with our bike ride, we will probably need to take a shower.

God: Yeah!  Isn't it so cool how I made the body to function?  Your pores sweat and your nose has the job of smelling it, which signals to your brain to mobilize and get rid of the smell.  I just love the body.  It's a great design.

Me:  (smiling)

God:  (smiling back)  I know you love the way I think.  I love the way you think.  You're so perfect.  Jesus told me about how you two are stuck together now.  That's why I know you're perfect.   If Jesus says so, I know it's true.  I sure love Him, and I sure love you. 


I would challenge you to mentally picture your time with God.  We live in a day and age where the visual stimulation is so rampant that the imagination and the heart are seldom engaged.  Take time to find that place with God and go there alone with Him.  He just wants some hangout time.  And He's always available.  ;)




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You definitely have given ME food for thought! Thank you for this Perspective on God

    ReplyDelete