Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Confident Beggar

I was laying in bed this morning praying for so many people I know who are struggling in so many different ways.  I begged God for miracles for each of them.  

Do you ever pray and wish you didn't have to pray so much?  I have.  Not because I don't want to pray, but because I don't want to "bother God."  As soon as I recognize this mindset, I start praying more, because I realize I'm moving into deception in my mind if I stay there. 

So the thought came to me this morning, while I was begging for miracles, that perhaps God doesn't want us to stop asking for miracles.  Perhaps the reason why He brings us to the edge of our faith and down on our knees begging - is so that He can show us his greatness.  So that He can grow our faith, and so that the next time we go to beg for a miracle, we beg with confidence that He will come through.  He always does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment