Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Red Rock Canyon

I've always been a bit of an adventurer.  I love my security, but I thrill on adventure.  I was in high school when I traveled half way around the world to work in a 3rd world country for a couple weeks one summer.  I've got the guts to jump out of a plane and fall 14,000 feet just for the fun of it.  But some of my most special moments come from just enjoying the beauty around me.

I love parks.  I may sneeze at every speck of dust, but I'd rather sneeze than not be wrapped up in the middle of that beauty. 

About a year ago, my family took a trip to Las Vegas and southern California to visit friends and family for a week.  One of my most favorite memories was from a hike I took up a trail in Red Rock Canyon with my brother and our friend Myron.  The views from the canyon are breathlessly beautiful.  The little bit of physical exertion to make those views possible makes me wonder why the trails weren't packed that day. 

Life is short enough as it is.  Find an adventure that you can't fit into your normal schedule, set a date, and make it happen.  Don't miss the beautiful fun that is available to you in your area!

Freddie, Me, and Myron:::Red Rock Canyon, January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment