Thursday, July 10, 2014

Enjoying the Presence of God

Lately I've been so much more grateful than usual for the presence of God.

The song "Emmanuel" came out of a special quiet time with God while reading 2 Corinthians 4 at the piano one day.  Emmanuel means "God with us" and is often used in Scripture as a declaration of the omnipresence of God, specifically during times of distress.

Since writing and sharing the song, the times in my life that I've needed to be reminded of this truth (that God is with me) has been magnified.  What a blessing it has been to hear the words of the Lord, spoken through my own mouth, to comfort me and convict me when I need them most.

In the last couple of days, I've been constantly reminded of the presence of God.  Reminded that He sees, hears, and knows me.

......my joy.

.....my pain.

.....my thoughts.

.....my good and bad.

.....my coming and going.

Nothing escapes Him.

Creepy?  No.

Necessary.

If I don't have God to be accountable to, I'm a lost cause.  His Spirit keeps me in line: convicting me and comforting me when I'm attentive to Him.  Best part?  Every situation works out when I am attentive to Him - whether it started out good or bad.

I've never heard this song before, or of this singer, but I really enjoyed the reminder of God's presence in my life, in our lives, as I listened to it.  I hope you are encouraged by this truth today - that God is with you - and that with Him we truly can have peace.



"Your Presence Is Heaven" by Israel & New Breed - Lyrics

Who is like You Lord in all the earth?
Matchless love and beauty, endless worth
Nothing in this world can satisfy
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry

Your presence is heaven to me
Your presence is heaven to me

Treasure of my heart and of my soul
In my weakness You are merciful
Redeemer of my past and present wrongs
Holder of my future days to come

Your presence is heaven to me
Your presence is heaven to me
Heaven to me, God

Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus
Your presence is heaven to me

All my days on earth I will await
The moment that I see You face to face
Nothing in this world can satisfy
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry
You never run dry

Your presence is heaven to me
Lord, Your presence is heaven to me



No comments:

Post a Comment