Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Revelation of Change


Do you ever face so much change and challenges at once that you're not really sure what to think?

I'm learning so much right now that I can't hardly keep my thoughts straight.  I want to learn much, but the intensity of it is shutting me up - making me too humble to even talk about it until I can process it all.  There is big change going on inside of my heart.  At the same time, with all the pain and ache of change, I feel closest to God.  These are the times that give me strength for the "easy" times.  

I'm thankful for God's presence.  I'm thankful that I can speak the truth, whether I believe it or not, and that the truth sets my heart and my emotions free.  I'm thankful that God does not condemn me for all the faulty things I'm learning about myself.  Rather, He has convicted me of them so I can become more of who He designed me to be when He created me.  

Change is super-good.  But it's super painful.  I don't know how I'll make it through the challenge, but I always seem to do so somehow.  God in me is stronger than even I know. 

And this is why I choose to accept the change, the growth, that is being manifested inside of me:

"...when God has put His call on you, woe be to you if you turn to the right hand or to the left.  He will do with you what He never did with you before the call came; He will do with you what He is not doing with other people.  Let Him have His way."  (Oswald Chambers in "My Utmost for His Highest")

I want to be made into what God has for me.  It's not easy, but it's exhilarating.  What life can be truly fulfilled when it is not moving in the way it was created to move?  When can a heart be more rich than one that flows in it's designated purpose?  


No comments:

Post a Comment