Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sometimes My Heart is Heavy


I just do not know what to do.

I once heard my pastor say this: if you’re praying for an answer, and you just don’t know what to do, don’t do anything about it, except keep praying. 

So when I don’t know what to do, I just pray. 

When I sense something is up with a friend, I pray. 
When I have an idea but I’m not sure it’s the right time, I pray.
When I’m not confident about interfering in a situation, but there’s no mistaking what I know in my heart, I pray. 

Then, when I get answers, confirmations, and stories, of how God has “come through”, I laugh.  My laughter comes from a grateful heart, because the burdens that have weighed so heavily on me have been so easily answered, and all I did was pray. 

I know you probably have something you’re just not sure what to do about in this very moment.  I encourage you to just pray.  Put aside the temptation to fix the situation and set your heart on waiting for God to take care of it or give you the wisdom to know what to do.   We honor God when we trust Him.  When we honor God, we prove our thanks for all He is going to do.  

And He answers.

James 1:5
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.



1 comment:

  1. What a blessed reminder! I know it's so easy to lose our focus on the importance and power of prayer, yet that's often what we need the most. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete