Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Construction In Progress-Pardon My Dust


Pardon My Dust

There's a song we sang when I was little...
He's still workin' on me
To make me what I oughta be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'cause He's still workin' on me...

There really oughta be a sign upon my heart
'Don't judge him (her) yet, there's an unfinished part!'
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.

Often times, I mess up or I do something not exactly the way it should have been done, and I sigh and sing that song to myself.  I'm constantly reminded that I'm not perfect, and that I'm not "finished" yet.  God still is molding and making me into His image! It's sobering and comforting at the same time. 

So if you know me personally, please exercise grace and mercy with me.  I know I'm not perfect; I know I'm still learning; I know there's a lot of dust during my construction.  Please pardon it.  And I will do my sincere best to offer the same back to you. 

I was quickened to write this thought after reading a devotional today.  If you'd like to read it also, which I would encourage, you can click HERE

Be blessed today - we've been given ANOTHER DAY to spend with God loving on each other.  Make the most of it!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment