Wednesday, April 18, 2012

If this letter is for you, you will know it...

Dear Friend,

I heard you had a rough day today.  Yeah, I know, rough is putting it lightly.

When I heard about it, you know what I felt?  Ache.  My heart ached for you.  I hurt for you.

Because I know that kind of day.

The tightness in my breathing brings back memories of heaving sobs, of sleepless nights, of ache, ache, ache.  Of wondering when the pain is going to end.  Of hoping against all hope for.... hope.

Most people don't quite understand that ache, though.  Most people don't deal with that ache.  Thank God they don't have to.  Most people haven't held the weight we've held.  Most people don't know or haven't been to that place.  And that's ok.  It's only hard when they judge as if they have.  But I know.

And no, it doesn't seem right for us to carry that ache.  But we have.  We know God, we know salvation, we know heaven, we know grace, we know healing, we know mercy.  And boy do we know pain.  We just know.  We don't like to talk about it much, it's not the most savory of conversations, of course.  But it's very real.

And my solution is this: I have no solution.  I have no remedy for that pain.  For some reason we deal or have dealt with it when others never scratch the surface of it.  Jesus alone helps us through.  Not friends, not blogs, not medicine.  But when we make it through - it is solely by the grace of God through whatever means He uses.  And we know that.

So why am I writing you this letter?  Just to tell you this: you're really not alone in this understanding.  I know.  So we know together.  Whether we like it or not, we know.  But we are not alone.

I hope you will hold on to this realization, and hold on until you find that sunny, breezy, beautiful place of no pain - of something lovely. And I hope in that moment that you will say, "holding on was worth it - for this."

With hugs of love,

Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this encouraging letter.

    ReplyDelete