Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Missions Spotlight: The Spence's in Mongolia

I love keeping up with friends that are missionaries.  It makes my world and my heart explode. (In a good way!)

Some of my missionary friends are Jeff and Shauna Spence and their two girls, Mikayla and Ava. 

I met Jeff and Shauna in North Fort Myers about 6 years ago in an old Sunday School class.  We were studying what it meant to be an Armour Bearer for God, and they were both working at E.C.H.O. for training on how to help people learn to grow crops for food. 

They went to Mongolia several years ago to work with farmers and help them learn sustainable growth in a low-agricultural location.  Now, they are able to work with local Mongolians and share the love of Jesus with them through not just words, but through activities that can help save nations from poverty. 

Here is a picture of the Spence's.  They've had Mikayla and Ava since they've moved to Mongolia (though I believe the girls were born in the USA).




And here is a picture of their backyard- full of evidence that they know what they're talking about!

If you want to keep up with the Spence's, subscribe to their blog here.....
 


S U P P O R T    M I S S I O N S ! ! !  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment