Friday, December 23, 2011

Noonday Sunshine

I recently had to make a decision regarding how I was going to respond to a controversial event in a professional setting.  I went back and forth for a few hours with, "if I don't do this, it will come across as being stiff-necked and not showing love", and "if I do this, it will come across as being tolerant and reaching out".  Back and forth, back and forth.

I went to e-mail the event to my friend for her perspective, and by the time I got to the end of the e-mail, I said, "I'm still trying to decide what I need to do".  At that point, I heard in my mind "Crystal, you know what you need to do."  So I deleted all the reference to the event in my e-mail and didn't even mention it.  Then, professionally and with grace and gratitude, I declined to be a part of the event.

Let me be straight with you - working in a secular environment has its perks, but your character is tested for strength so very often.  There are opportunities that have to be declined because your integrity will not allow you to go there.  And it seems as if you're walking away from everything good and prosperous.  Don't think for a moment you are.  When you follow God's Spirit's direction in your life, you are bound for treasures you cannot even begin to imagine.  Jesus was "offered" the whole world by the Devil himself.  And Jesus declined, knowing that His treasure was far greater than what the Devil was trying to deceive Him into accepting.

God has big plans.  I want to encourage you to stand by your values, hold fast to integrity, and let the character in you be strengthened during these controversial times.

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. - Psalm 37:5-6

I pray that you, you reading this, will stand tall, and that you will let righteousness and justice shine like the sun at noon: bright and beautiful and warm.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment