Saturday, September 24, 2011

Talk to Me

My brother joined the Army a while ago, and it has been a huge adjustment for my family. Saying goodbye is generally the hardest part of a conversation. But you know what?  I still want to hear his voice and listen to his perspective and stories.  Regardless of the pain of saying goodbye or the awkwardness of finding topics of relevance, I love it when we get to hear from him.

You have to believe that when we were younger, we would tell our parents the same stories over and over. How often did they get short with us for that?  A parent seldom truly wants their child to stop communicating with them. And even though they knew how our story would go every time,  they seldom, if ever, stopped us.

Do you believe that God is sovereign and knows our past,  present, and future?  Yet He still wants to hear us whisper secrets to Him, to tell him who ticked us off today, or to tell him about that really nice thing that so-and-so did.  He saw it.  He could choose to care less, but He chooses to instruct us to tell Him what's on our mind and our heart.

There are so many things I could add on to this thought, but my main point is this:  talk to God.  He wants to hear from you.  He loves you like crazy, and can't wait until you get in touch with him again. 


p.s. He is waiting right now...

1 comment:

  1. Have you been following me around? lol, this is exactly what I have been dealing with for months. So good, praise God! You really were right on point with this one, and I think it's something we need to hear to know that so many of us are in the same boat:) Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete